Insurance Loss Adjuster – ANZSCO 599612
- Inspects and assesses the damage and loss to insured property and business, estimates insurance costs, and acts to minimise the cost of claims to an insurance company.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 5996 Insurance Investigators, Loss Adjusters and Risk Surveyors
- conduct investigations into insurance claims to ensure their validity, inspect and assess the damage and loss to insured properties and businesses, estimate insurance costs, and inspect insured properties to evaluate conditions affecting underwriting standards.
- examining scenes of incidents resulting in insurance claims to determine causes and effects
- interviewing witnesses and claimants to obtain details required to assess the validity of claims and identify the parties responsible for accidents, damage and loss, and preparing statements and reports
- inspecting damaged buildings, equipment and motor vehicles and estimating the cost of repairs
- estimating business losses resulting from fire, theft and other business disruptions
- reporting the extent of damage and estimated costs to the insurer
- inspecting property, buildings and operations of commercial and industrial establishments to assess physical conditions and work practices
- evaluating the adequacy of security, fire and related systems
- preparing reports and recommending action to reduce risks
- compiling data which influence the determination of premium rates
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 599611 Insurance Investigator
- 599612 Insurance Loss Adjuster
- 599613 Insurance Risk Surveyor