186 ENS Visa
The Subclass 186 ENS visa (Employer Nomination Scheme visa) is a permanent residency visa that requires the sponsorship of a nominating employer. In summary:
- You must have an occupations on the 186 Visa Occupations List
- English language requirements are IELTS (or equivalent test) score of 6 in each component.
- A maximum age requirement of 45 at the time of application will apply to Direct Entry stream
applicants. A maximum age requirement of 50 at the time of application will continue to apply to Temporary Residence Transition stream applicants
- A range of amendments have been introduced to enhance the integrity of the ENS and RSMS visas, including through requiring the nominated position to be genuine, and removal of the English language and skills exemption for applicants whose nominated earnings would be over $180,000.
Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
What is a Subclass 186 Visa?
- It is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who have a nominating employer.
- The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to nominate skilled foreign employees to work in Australia on a subclass 186 permanent residence visa.
- This visa involves a two-step process; a nomination by an approved Australian employer and a visa application by the skilled overseas worker.
- Applicants can be in or outside Australia when they apply for this visa. Applicants must have a valid visa or a bridging visa A, B, or C to apply for this visa in Australia.