The following information has been provided by the Cairns Chamber of Commerce
An age concession has been added under the Subclass 494 SESR option under the FNQ DAMA. The age concession for this pathway is in place with immediate effect.
Note that the age concession for the SESR 494 is lower than for the ENS 186 in the FNQ DAMA. However, it is envisaged that this will broadly align the age of nominees between the two pathways at the time of permanent visa stage.
1.9 An Overseas Worker may be nominated for a SESR visa only if they have not turned 48 or 53 years of age at the time of the SESR nomination, (depending on the specified age concession available for each Occupation as indicated in the FNQ DAMA Occupation List for SESR ‘494’).
1.10(e) An Overseas Worker may be nominated for an ENS 186 visa only if they have not turned 50 or 55 years of age at the time of the ENS nomination, (depending on the specified age FNQ DAMA – Request for Endorsement (2090909).pdf concession available for each Occupation as indicated in the FNQ DAMA Occupation List for ENS SC 186.
A designated area migration agreement (DAMA) provides flexibility for states, territories or regions to respond to their unique economic and labour market conditions through an agreement-based framework. Under the DAMA framework, employers in areas experiencing skills and labour shortages can sponsor skilled and semi-skilled overseas workers. DAMAs are designed to ensure employers try Australians as a first priority and prioritise initiatives and strategies to facilitate the recruitment and retention of Australian workers. For further information on DAMAs, contact us today.
- 70 occupations for employer sponsorship, including three non-ANZSCO occupations
- pathways to permanent residency for holders of TSS visas granted under the FNQ DAMA in select occupations
- a broad range of occupations that reflect FNQ skilled and semi-skilled shortages, with no caveats to apply
- English language concessions for some occupations
- salary concessions that reflect FNQ market rates, ensuring that worker terms and conditions of employment are not eroded
- concessions relating to qualifications and experience for some occupations
- a range of risk and integrity actions to ensure that the rights of both employees and employers are protected
- a five year agreement to reduce red tape.