Temporary activity visas

  • Training visa (subclass 407)

    This visa allows you to:

    • take part in workplace-based training to enhance your skills in your current occupation, area of tertiary study, field of expertise
    • participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.

    This visa is not appropriate for persons whose sole intention is to work.

  • Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)

    This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:

    • work as performer in the entertainment industry
    • participate activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
    • participate or observe in an Australian research project
    • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
    • participate in high-level sports competitions or sports training programs
    • participate in approved special program
    • do full-time religious work
    • be employed as a superyacht crew member
    • do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives
    • participate in a government endorsed event.
  • Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400)

    This visa is for people who want to travel to Australia to:

    • do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work
    • in limited circumstances, participate in an activity or work relating to Australia’s interests.

    Generally the stay period allowed is up to three months but up to six months may be considered in limited circumstances if supported by a strong business case.

  • Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403)

    This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis:

    • in relation to a bilateral agreement (Government Agreement stream)
    • to represent a foreign government or to teach a foreign language in an Australian school (Foreign Government Agency stream)
    • to do domestic work for a diplomat (Domestic Worker stream)
    • as a person with statutory privileges and immunities (Privileges and Immunities stream)
    • to participate in the program of seasonal work (Seasonal Worker Program stream).
  • 402 Visa (closed)

    This visa is closed to new applications.

    The Training and Research visa is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to undertake occupational training, conduct or observe research as a visiting academic or participate in a professional development program.

  • Labour agreement

    Labour agreements enable approved businesses to sponsor overseas workers when there is a demonstrated need that cannot be met in the Australian labour market and standard temporary or permanent migration arrangements are not appropriate.

Book a meeting today for a commitment free briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.