491 visa NSW Pathway 2 – Be invited by NSW
To be considered under this pathway, you must:
- Ensure you are eligible for the 491 visa
- Confirm you meet the NSW basic eligibility criteria outlined below
- Complete an EOI in SkillSelect and ensure that:
- all information is accurate
- your EOI seeks nomination for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 491) and NSW only.
- Be invited to apply during an invitation round. NSW will not issue an invitation to apply for any reason outside the normal functioning of an invitation round. Do not contact our office requesting to be invited
- Apply to Investment NSW within 14 days of being invited
- Provide evidence for all points claims in your SkillSelect EOI and where you currently reside
Important information about invitation rounds
Invitation rounds occur ongoing throughout the financial year. There are no set dates, and rounds are not announced beforehand.
We cannot advise the date of upcoming NSW invitation rounds or the likelihood your SkillSelect EOI will be invited by contacting our office.
Meeting the minimum nomination outlined above in no way guarantees you will be invited to apply for NSW nomination.
Because being invited to apply is exceptionally competitive, we strongly encourage anyone seeking NSW nomination to explore all other migration pathways and do not wait to be invited by NSW.
- NSW 190 Skilled Occupation List
- NSW 190 visa nomination requirements
- NSW 491 visa Skilled Occupation List
- NSW 491 visa nomination requirements
491 NSW Pathways
Please book an appointment to discuss your options and pathways.
To be eligible for NSW nomination, you must meet the basic criteria outlined below:
You must meet all requirements set for the 491 visa subclass.
Be skilled in an occupation that is:
- within an ANZSCO unit group identified on the NSW Skilled Work Regional Skills List; AND
- is eligible for the Skilled Work visa (subclass 491)
You must be either currently residing in NSW or offshore, and have continuously done so for a minimum period of three months.
Work experience and point score
You must meet the minimum skilled work experience and point score for your unit group. These are identified on the NSW Skilled Nominated Skills List next to the name of your unit group.
The work experience and point score requirement does not apply to the ‘Regional NSW-based direct pathway’.
Pathway 2 – Be invited to apply by Investment NSW
To be considered during in an invitation round for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) under Pathway 2, your nominated occupation must fall within an ANZSCO unit group outlined below and be eligible for the Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491).
Select a state below to see it’s requirements:
State and territory requirements
Each state and territory has its own list of occupations, requirements and processes you must follow.
More information about the requirements and processes on how Australian states or territories nominate applicants is available.