Cook – ANZSCO 351411
- Prepares, seasons and cooks food in a dining or catering establishment.
- Skill Level
- Chef Pathway to PR
- Cook Pathway to PR
- Occupation Lists
- This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored and 489 State Nominated Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3514 Cooks
- prepare, season and cook food in dining and catering establishments.
Chefs, Fast Food Cooks and Kitchenhands are excluded from this unit group. Chefs are included in Unit Group 3513 Chefs. Fast Food Cooks and Kitchenhands are included in Minor Group 851 Food Preparation Assistants.
- examining foodstuffs to ensure quality
- regulating temperatures of ovens, grills and other cooking equipment
- preparing and cooking food
- seasoning food during cooking
- portioning food, placing it on plates, and adding gravies, sauces and garnishes
- storing food in temperature controlled facilities
- preparing food to meet special dietary requirements
- may plan menus and estimate food requirements
- may train other kitchen staff and apprentices
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 351411 Cook