Vehicle Painter – ANZSCO 324311
- Prepares surfaces of vehicles, matches and mixes colours and applies paint. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3243 Vehicle Painters
- prepare surfaces of vehicles, match and mix colours and apply paint.
- removing rough spots on vehicle panels
- sanding surfaces by hand and with power sanders
- masking areas not to be painted with tape and paper
- colour matching and mixing paints to match paint shades, and selecting pre-mixed paint
- applying primer and finishing coats using spray-guns, and sanding surfaces between coats
- touching up paintwork and applying polish to vehicles
- removing masking papers, and waxing and polishing finished paintwork
- painting signs and artwork on vehicles
- treating vehicles with rust-proofing chemicals
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group