Radiocommunications Technician – ANZSCO 313211
- Installs, maintains, repairs and diagnoses malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3132 Telecommunications Technical Specialists
- develop, monitor and carry out technical support functions for telecommunications networks and install computer equipment, computer systems and microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems.
- installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of microwave, telemetry, multiplexing, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
- configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
- developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining the documentation of communication policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations, and quality standards
- providing technical advice and information, and monitoring the performance of complex telecommunications networks and equipment
- planning the development of customer access telecommunications network infrastructure
- liaising with vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery
- providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 313211 Radiocommunications Technician
- 313212 Telecommunications Field Engineer
- 313213 Telecommunications Network Planner
- 313214 Telecommunications Technical Officer or Technologist