Ophthalmologist – ANZSCO 253914
- Provides diagnostic, treatment and preventative medical services related to diseases, injuries and deficiencies of the human eye and associated structures. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Eye Specialist
- Eye Surgeon
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: Medical Board of Australia
Group: 2539 Other Medical Practitioners
- This unit group covers Medical Practitioners not elsewhere classified.
It includes Dermatologists, Emergency Medicine Specialists, Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, Ophthalmologists, Pathologists, Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologists, and Radiation Oncologists. Medical Registrars training in these specialties are included in this unit group.
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 253911 Dermatologist
- 253912 Emergency Medicine Specialist
- 253913 Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- 253914 Ophthalmologist
- 253915 Pathologist
- 253917 Diagnostic and Interventional Radiologist
- 253918 Radiation Oncologist
- 253999 Medical Practitioners nec