Health Promotion Officer – ANZSCO 251911
- Assists health and community groups to improve the health of individuals and the community by raising awareness of healthy lifestyles, disease and disability, and other health-related issues.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Community Health Worker
- Health Educator
- Asthma Educator
- Childbirth Educator
- Diabetes Educator
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed below.
Skills Assessment authority for Health Promotion Officer is Vocational Education and Training Assess (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification(s) assessed at Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years.
Potential Visa Pathway for Health Promotion Officer
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Short Term)|
|251911||Health Promotion Officer||VETASSESS||x||√||x||√||x||x||√||√||√|
Group: 2519 Other Health Diagnostic and Promotion Professionals
- This unit group covers Health Diagnostic and Promotion Professionals not elsewhere classified.
It includes Health Promotion Officers and Orthotists or Prosthetists.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 251911 Health Promotion Officer
- 251912 Orthotist or Prosthetist
- 251999 Health Diagnostic and Promotion Professionals nec
Subclass 190 visa– Skilled Nominated Visa & Subclass 491 visa – Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) Visa
To apply for visa subclass 190 and visa subclass 491, you need to have a nomination from the state/territory government where you want to live and work. Each State and Territory have individual requirements that must be met in order to receive nomination. (See below)
Another difference between the 190 and 491 visa is that you can only apply for visa subclass 491 if you are living and working in regional areas in Australia, while it is not a requirement if you are applying for the 190 visa.
In summary, to be eligible for 190 visa, you need to meet the following criteria:
To check if the state/ territory government requirements for your occupation, refer to the following links
Links to requirements
|New South Wales||
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT)|
The 407 visa a short stay visa for individuals to participate in occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa is generally valid to stay in Australia for 2 years. Please note this visa is subject to condition 8102 which forbids work apart from the training that is specified in the visa application. You are also required to maintain health insurance whilst in Australia.
To be eligible for visa 407, you need to meet the following criteria:
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
The Subclass 482 visa is a Temporary Skill Shortage visa that requires a sponsorship from an Australian employer. The TSS short term stream visa allows to your live and work in Australia for up to 2 years each time you are granted this visa. You may apply for two 482 visas in the short stream onshore and subsequent ones offshore, as long as the employer is willing to sponsor you. The TSS 482 short term stream does not have a path to permanent residency throught the 186 visa.