Dietitian – ANZSCO 251111
- Applies the science of human nutrition to help people understand the relationship between food and health and make appropriate dietary choices to attain and maintain health, and to prevent and treat illness and disease. Registration or licensing is required in New Zealand.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
- Skills AssessmentAuthority: VETASSESS
Group: 2511 Nutrition Professionals
- apply the science of human nutrition to assist people to attain better health and to help prevent and treat various illnesses and diseases.
- planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- interpreting and communicating scientific information and providing advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- calculating nutritional values of food served
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training
- consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required in New Zealand.
- Occupations in this Group
- 251111 Dietitian
- 251112 Nutritionist