Audiologist – ANZSCO 252711
- Provides diagnostic assessment and rehabilitative services related to human hearing defects.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
To see if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2527 Audiologists and Speech PathologistsTherapists
- AUDIOLOGISTS AND SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS/THERAPISTS provide diagnostic assessment, treatment, rehabilitative services and management of human hearing defects, and communication and swallowing impairments.
- Tasks Include:
- administering and interpreting a wide range of audiometric tests to determine hearing efficiency and locate sites of detected hearing problems
- interpreting audiometric test results alongside other medical, social and behavioural diagnostic data
- evaluating total response pattern and acoustic tests to distinguish between organic and non-organic hearing loss
- planning, directing and participating in counselling, speech reading and other rehabilitation programs
- prescribing appropriate hearing aids and instructing patients in use
- administering tests and observing patients to determine nature and extent of disorders
- planning and conducting programs of remedial exercise to correct disorders such as stuttering and abnormal articulation
- administering individual and group therapy for rehabilitation of patients with communication problems caused by defective hearing, cerebral palsy, surgery and injury
- advising on treatment for children with difficulties in learning to speak
- counselling and guiding language-handicapped individuals, their families, teachers and employers
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 252711 Audiologist
- 252712 Speech Pathologist (Aus) / Speech Language Therapist (NZ)