Engineering Manager – ANZSCO 133211
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the engineering and technical operations of an organisation.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: Engineers Australia/AIM
Group: 1332 Engineering Managers
- plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the engineering and technical operations of organisations.
- determining, implementing and monitoring engineering strategies, policies and plans
- interpreting plans, drawings and specifications, and providing advice on engineering methods and procedures to achieve construction and production requirements
- establishing project schedules and budgets
- ensuring conformity with specifications and plans, and with laws, regulations and safety standards
- ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed
- overseeing maintenance requirements to optimise efficiency
- liaising with marketing, research and manufacturing managers regarding engineering aspects of new construction and product design
- may contribute to research and development projects
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 133211 Engineering Manager