Wall and Floor Tiler – ANZSCO 333411
- Lays ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Ceramic Tiler
- Mosaic Tiler
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: TRA
Group: 3334 Wall and Floor Tilers
- lay ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- examining plans, measuring and marking surfaces and laying out work
- preparing wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, filling holes and cracks, and cleaning surfaces
- spreading adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and setting tiles in position
- using tile-cutting tools to cut and shape tiles needed for edges and corners, and around objects such as fittings and pipes
- ensuring tiles are correctly aligned and spaced
- grouting tiles, and cleaning and removing excess grout
- applying waterproofing systems
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition
- may lay coloured tiles in patterns to create mosaics
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 333411 Wall and Floor Tiler