Vocational Education Teacher (Aus) / Polytechnic Teacher (NZ) – ANZSCO 242211
- Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute, polytechnic or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
- Skill Level
- Adult Education Teacher
- TAFE Lecturer
- TAFE Teacher
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2422 Vocational Education Teachers (Aus) or Polytechnic Teachers (NZ)
- VOCATIONAL EDUCATION TEACHERS (AUS) / POLYTECHNIC TEACHERS (NZ) teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at technical and further education (TAFE) institutes, polytechnics and other training institutes to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students’ assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students’ progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support staff
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification or a postgraduate diploma in adult education. In some instances relevant industry and vocational education experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 242211 Vocational Education Teacher (Aus) / Polytechnic Teacher (NZ)