Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health) – ANZSCO 254413
- Provides nursing care to children from birth to school age and their families with an emphasis on the prevention, early detection of, and early intervention in, physical, emotional and social problems affecting children and their families such as assistance with parentcraft, immunisation and developmental milestones. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: ANMAC
Group: 2544 Registered Nurses
- provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities, and in the community.
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 254411 Nurse Practitioner
- 254412 Registered Nurse (Aged Care)
- 254413 Registered Nurse (Child and Family Health)
- 254414 Registered Nurse (Community Health)
- 254415 Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency)
- 254416 Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability)
- 254417 Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation)
- 254418 Registered Nurse (Medical)
- 254421 Registered Nurse (Medical Practice)
- 254422 Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- 254423 Registered Nurse (Perioperative)
- 254424 Registered Nurse (Surgical)
- 254425 Registered Nurse (Paediatrics)
- 254499 Registered Nurses nec