Biomedical Engineer – ANZSCO 233913
- Applies knowledge and methodology of physics, engineering, mathematics, computing, physical chemistry and materials science to problems in biology and the treatment and prevention of human disease. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Clinical Engineer
- Medical Engineer
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
To see if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa see here.
Skills Assessment Authority: Engineers Australia
Group: 2339 Other Engineering Professionals
- This unit group covers Engineering Professionals not elsewhere classified.
It includes Aeronautical Engineers, Agricultural Engineers, Biomedical Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Environmental Engineers and Naval Architects (Aus) / Marine Designers (NZ).
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 233911 Aeronautical Engineer
- 233912 Agricultural Engineer
- 233913 Biomedical Engineer
- 233914 Engineering Technologist
- 233915 Environmental Engineer
- 233916 Naval Architect (Aus) / Marine Designer (NZ)
- 233999 Engineering Professionals nec