491 visa -Working in Regional NSW Stream
The NSW Government is bolstering support for Regional NSW-based skilled migrants with a dedicated pathway for Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) nomination.
The new ‘Working in Regional NSW’ eligibility stream recognises applicants’ commitment to living and working in regional NSW and demonstrates support for businesses seeking to retain skilled migrants for their operations.
The new stream will prioritise applications for skilled migrants who:
- are currently living and working in their nominated (or closely related) occupation in a designated regional area of NSW, and have continuously done so for the past twelve (12) months for a minimum of 20 hours per week;
- meet all eligibility requirements required by the Australian Government for this visa;
- have a valid skills assessment in an occupation within in a unit group that appears on the NSW Regional Skills List and is eligible for the visa;
- are paid at least the TSMIT level of $53,900 per annum (prorated) excluding superannuation from this employment over the past 12 months.
- can provide employment evidence through payslips, employment contract and tax returns.
If an applicant meets all stream criteria outlined above, they may apply directly for NSW nomination. Previously published minimum points score and work experience requirements do not apply to migrants applying through this stream.
- NSW 190 Skilled Occupation List
- NSW 190 visa nomination requirements
- NSW 491 visa Skilled Occupation List
- NSW 491 visa nomination requirements
491 NSW Pathways
- NSW 491 Pathway 1 – Apply directly to an RDA office
- NSW 491 Pathway 2 – Be invited by NSW
- NSW 491 Regional NSW-based direct pathway
Select a state below to see it’s requirements:
State and territory requirements
Each state and territory has its own list of occupations, requirements and processes you must follow.
More information about the requirements and processes on how Australian states or territories nominate applicants is available.