Since the Australian border opened in February 2022, the states and territories have now started to open their Skilled Migration Program to offshore applicants after 2 years of closure. This article aims to provide a summary of which states/ territories are open for visa 190 and visa 491 nomination.
South Australia is currently accepting applications from offshore candidates for their skills migration nomination program. Offshore skills migration in South Australia is only available for visa subclass 491.
In order to apply from offshore, applicants generally need to meet higher requirements, see below:
- Have an occupation included in the occupation list eligible for the offshore stream
- Higher English Language Requirement: minimum level of Proficient or Superior. Please refer to the list below for the English requirements of each occupation.
- Have a minimum of 5 or 8 years of work experience in the occupation or related occupation, depending on your nominated occupation.
The list of occupations for offshore applicants can be found here.
If you want to apply for a nomination from South Australia, you need to Register your Interest with the State government and wait for them to invite you to apply for the State Nomination.
NEW SOUTH WALES
Offshore candidates skilled in occupations within some ANZSCO unit groups will now be considered in invitation rounds for visa 190 nomination. If you are residing offshore, you must:
- have continuously resided offshore for the past three months; AND
- have a valid skills assessment for an occupation within an ANZSCO unit group that accepts offshore candidates. These occupations can be found here.
You may also be eligible to apply for a visa 491 nomination under Stream 3 if your occupation is required in Regional NSW. This occupations list can be found here.
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERITORY
The table below summarises the requirements for overseas applicants and their eligibility to apply for the ACT skilled nomination program.
|Criteria||Visa 190 Nomination||Visa 491 Nomination|
Overseas Resident: You and any migrating dependents (except children enrolled at school in the ACT):
- are living overseas.
- have not lived in Australia for the last year.
- do not hold a current Australian visa (or bridging visa), except an Australian visitor visa.
For more information about ACT state nomination, please click here.
- Tasmania Skilled Migration Nomination Requirements (2021-2022)
- Nsw Skilled Migration Nomination Requirements 2021-2022 (190 Visa)
- Act Skilled Migration Nomination Requirements (190 And 491 Visa)
- South Australia Skilled Migration Program 2021-2022 – 190 And 491 Visa
- South Australia Offshore Occupation List And Requirements