Australian Government Endorsed Events
Subclass 408 – Temporary Activity Visa, Australian Government endorsed events stream can be granted for the duration of the event (up to 4 years).
The visa application charge is usually $325 and free for:
With this visa you can
- travel to or stay in Australia to take part in the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Women’s World Cup 2023 event
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid. See COVID-19 and the border for more info.
If you want to take part in the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 event holding another Australian visa, check that the visa lets you do what you want to do. For example, that the visa lets you travel to and from Australia and gives you the right to work in Australia.
Note: If you are in Australia and want to extend your stay to work in a key or other sector of the Australian economy, see Australian Government Endorsed Events (COVID-19 Pandemic event).
- include members of the family unit in your application when you apply, or
- add family members to your application at any time before DHA make a decision
Family members who apply for the visa with you must also meet our health and character requirements.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa and when we decide on your application.
Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) Women’s World Cup 2023
You must be endorsed in writing by the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Local FIFA Subsidiary to take part in the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023.
Australian Government endorsed events (COVID-19 Pandemic event)
This temporary visa lets you stay in Australia to work if you are employed or have an offer of employment in any sector of the economy.
If you are a Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa (TGV) holder in Australia, you may apply for and be granted a Pandemic event visa with a 2-year period of stay, instead of a TGV extension, if:
- your TGV expires before 1 July 2023
- you are not eligible to apply for a TGV extension on 1 July 2023
- you currently have an unfinalised 408 Pandemic event visa application, and you held a TGV at the time you made that application.
You must be working in Australia or have an offer of employment, and apply within 90 days before your TGV expires, or within 28 days after your TGV expires. Read more here.
For the Covid-19 408 visa you must
- apply online
- be in Australia
- maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia
At time of application you must:
- have evidence of your employment or an offer of employment
- hold a substantive visa with work rights that expires in 90 days or less, or that expired 28 days ago or less
If you arrive in Australia on or after 21 February 2022, you must hold a substantive visa with work rights to be eligible for a COVID-19 Pandemic event visa, unless you have a job offer from a Commonwealth funded aged care service.
Costs: $0 or $325
Processing times: 35 – 50 days
- Australian Government Endorsed Events (COVID19- FIFA World Cup)
- Domestic Work for Executives
- Entertainment Activities 408 Visa
- Invited for other social and cultural activity
- Religious Work Stream 408 Visa
- Research Activities 408 Visa
- Special Program
- Sporting Activities 408 Visa
- Staff Exchange Arrangements
- Superyacht Crew
Book a consultation for a commitment free briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.