Subclass 408 – Domestic Work for Executives lets you come to Australia to do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives. You and members of your family unit can stay here for up to 2 years.
With this visa, you can
- work full-time as a domestic worker in the household of certain senior foreign executives
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
- include members of the family unit in your visa application
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. We grant the length of stay based on the activity we approve you to do on the visa.
The maximum stay for this visa stream is 2 years.
The visa is granted with multiple entry. You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
If you apply in Australia, the visa starts the day we grant it. If you apply outside Australia, the visa stay period starts the day you enter Australia on the visa.
If we grant the visa, we will let you know how long you can stay.
Be invited to work
You must be invited to work full-time in the household of a senior foreign executive.
For this subclass 408 visa activity, a senior foreign executive is:
- the holder of a Temporary Work (International Relations) visa (subclass 403) Privileges and Immunities stream, who is the national managing director, deputy national managing director or state manager of the sponsor’s Australian office, or
- the holder of a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) or a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) who is the national managing director, deputy national managing director or state manager of the sponsor’s Australian office
You need a supporter
You don’t need a sponsor to apply for this visa if you:
- apply outside Australia, and
- intend to stay for less than 3 months in Australia
However, you must have a supporter who passes the support test to apply for this visa.
You need a sponsor
You need a sponsor who is a temporary activities sponsor, to apply for this visa if you:
- apply in Australia, or
- apply outside Australia and intend to stay for more than 3 months in Australia
Processing times: 35 – 50 days
- Australian Government Endorsed Events (COVID19- FIFA World Cup)
- Domestic Work for Executives
- Entertainment Activities 408 Visa
- Invited for other social and cultural activity
- Religious Work Stream 408 Visa
- Research Activities 408 Visa
- Special Program
- Sporting Activities 408 Visa
- Staff Exchange Arrangements
- Superyacht Crew