Staff Exchange Arrangements
Subclass 408 – Staff Exchange Arrangements Stream lets you come to Australia as part of a staff exchange with an Australian organisation. You and your family members who travel here on the visa with you can stay for up to 2 years.
With this visa, you can
- take part in a reciprocal staff exchange with an Australian organisation
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid
- include members of the family unit in your application
The exchange must benefit both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident you exchange jobs with.
How long you can stay
This is a temporary visa. We grant the length of stay based on the activity we approve you to do on the visa.
The maximum stay for this visa stream is 2 years.
The visa is granted with multiple entry. You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want while the visa is valid.
If you are outside Australia when the visa is granted, the visa stay period starts on the day that you enter Australia. If you are in Australia, the visa starts on the day that it is granted.
Your visa grant letter will tell you how long you can stay.
Take part in a reciprocal staff exchange
You must intend to work in a skilled position as part of a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement with an eligible organisation in Australia.
There must be a written agreement between your organisation and the organisation in Australia that sets out:
- the staff in Australia and overseas who will take part in the exchange
- the skilled positions to be filled by the participants
- how long the exchange will last
Have the necessary skills and experience for the position
You must have the necessary skills and/or experience to perform the skilled position set out in the exchange agreement.
Benefit from the exchange
The exchange arrangement must benefit both you and the Australian citizen or permanent resident taking part.
Processing times: 35 – 50 days
- Australian Government Endorsed Events (COVID19- FIFA World Cup)
- Domestic Work for Executives
- Entertainment Activities 408 Visa
- Invited for other social and cultural activity
- Religious Work Stream 408 Visa
- Research Activities 408 Visa
- Special Program
- Sporting Activities 408 Visa
- Staff Exchange Arrangements
- Superyacht Crew
Book a consultation for a commitment free briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.