How to register a Workforce Australia account? When an employer is sponsoring an applicant for a work visa such as the subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS) or subclass 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored Regional, the employer is required to complete labour market testing (LMT). The purpose of the labour market testing is to show that the sponsor cannot find a suitable Australia worker to fill the position. Labour market testing involves advertising the position on 3 different platforms. The platforms can include professional recruitment website, industry-specific recruitment websites, print media or national radio.
Note: JobActive is ending 30/06/2022. It will be replaced by Workforce Australia 04/07/2022.
Workfoce Australia is now a mandatory platform for employer to advertise on and it is a free government job portal website.
Step 1: Register and verify your business details
To begin, you have to access Workforce Australia using your Digital Identity. If you have one please login here.
If you don’t have a Digital Identity you can easily set one up.
You will need to:
- Step 1: Create your Digital Identity. To access Workforce Australia, you will need to achieve at least a ‘Standard’ identity strength. For help visit myGovID.
- Step 2: Link your Digital Identity to the Australian Business Number (ABN) using Relationship Authorisation Manager. To access Workforce Australia, you will need ‘Custom’ or ‘Full’ agency access to the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations. For help visit RAM.
- Step 3: Register for an account by returning to Workforce Australia business ‘login’ page. Click ‘Continue with Digital Identity’, and follow the prompts.
Step 2 Posting your job position
Now that you have an account, you are ready to post your job position. Just remember that if you signed out after registration, you will be asked to enter a verification code. The verification code is sent to your designated mobile phone, and it is required every time you log into Workforce Australia.
Creating a post on Workforce Australia is simple and easy. Firstly, you have to click on ‘Create a Job’. The ‘Create a Job’ tab is located at the top of the page. See highlighted section.
You will then be prompted to enter the details of the job position.
The job title of the position should be the same as the job title on the visa’s applicant employment contract.
Similarly, the address should match the address on the visa’s applicant employment contract.
You will need to select an option from the drop-down box.
The occupation selected should be the same as the nominated occupation of the visa applicant. For example, if the applicant nominated occupation is accountant, you would choose accounting as the job industry and accountant as the occupation.
Select full time and permanent position, as this is a requirement for the TSS visa or the subclass 494 visa.
The description is a crucial part of labour market testing. The description must include:
- A list of duties and responsibilities that the role entails
- The work experience required for the role
- The educational qualification required for the role
- The registration required for the role
The list of duties and responsibilities must be aligned to the ANZSCO of the nominated position. To meet the requirement for a work visa, you are not allowed to copy ANZSCO word-for-word; however, duties and responsibilities must be closely matched to ANZSCO.
How to apply
Select the option that is most relevant to you:
- Apply online
- Email the address provided; or
- Please see the description
Number of positions
Insert the number of positions available for this role.
The expiry date is the date when the post will be removed from Workforce Australia. To meet the labour market testing rules, the employer must run the advertisement for at least four weeks. As such, you can set the expiry date to 28 days or longer.
Select ‘normal position’.
The hours entered must be full time. In most cases, it is 38 hours.
To satisfy the requirements of labour market testing, the salary must be advertised. The exception to the rule is that if the applicant’s salary is more than $96,400 per annum, you are not required to post the salary.
For labour market testing, it is acceptable to publish a salary range. Therefore, in this section, select the most relevant salary range.
Include an internal reference. However, this is not mandatory.
You can also add additional questions to the job advertisement.
Once you have fill out the form, you can click ‘Create Job’ at the bottom of the page. A Workforce Australia member will then review the advertisement, and a Job ID will be assigned to you. It may take up to 48 hours for the advertisement to appear on Workforce Australia.
Step 3 Show that you have advertised
To meet the requirement of labour market testing, you are required to show evidence that you have advertised. This will be as easy as taking a screenshot of the advertisement. We recommend that you take a screenshot on the first day the advertisement is approved and on the last day (usually on the 28th day).
As the employer is required to show they have advertised for 28 days and the job descriptions meet the ANZSCO requirement, the screenshot must show all the pertinent details such as the following:
- Date of the advertisement
- Title of the position
- Description of the position
- Skills required for the position
- Name of the employer
- Salary (if relevant)
- From JobActive to Workforce
- Health Insurance
- How to post a job on Workforce Australia?
- Information re Questionnaires
- Medical History
- Police Check – AFP
- Police Check – Overseas
- Client Portal
- Pay online
- Google Meet instructions
- full-face view passport photograph per requirements for all family members
- evidence of your de facto relationship
- A sample reference letter can be seen here. Please note that the main duties should align with your nominated occupation, Chef : (For your guidance only, please do not copy job descriptions wholesale) https://visaenvoy.com/sol/chef/
- A Consumer Guide can be accessed here for your reference and our Code of Conduct here.