Allianz Care is a medical assistance and insurance company that started in 1983 and was initially called Worldcare. In 2001, they joined the Allianz Group, under the name Mondial Assistance. In 2012, the company rebranded to Allianz Global Assistance. In 2020, they transitioned to the global brand Allianz Care.
The Allianz Group is now one of the largest health insurance providers for international students, workers and visitors to Australia. The provider operates across 70 countries around the world and services 100 million customers.
The Overseas Student Health Cover provided by Allianz Care helps meet visa conditions for student visas. Allianz Care provides access to their products and services online, over the phone, via health and safety apps and face-to-face.
General Overview of Allianz Care Overseas Student Health Cover
Allianz Care OSHC provides health insurance cover for the 500 Student Visa while you are studying in Australia.
- Private and public hospitals admissions
- Doctors and specialist (outside of hospital)
- Medical tests (X-rays and blood tests)
- Prescription medicine
How does Allianz Care support Students as a Health Insurance Provider?
Allianz Care supports students in Australia by:
- Allianz Care Telehealth powers by Doctors on Demand – 24/7 care via phone or video call
- Allianz MyHealth App – ability to submit medical claim, check your claim’s status, view policy documents
- Find a Doctor Online Tool – Use your postcode to find your closest health professional
- Hospital in the Home – This treatment model allows for medical specialists to treat you in your home for eligible conditions
Visa Compliance and Allianz Care OSHC
Allianz Care OSHC meets the Home Affairs health insurance requirements.
Allianz Care Health Cover
|Health Insurance Benefits||Allianz Care|
|Meets government requirements||√|
|In Hospital Treatment|
|Accident and Emergency Services||√
Public and Agreement Only
|Outpatient and Postoperative||√|
100% of MBS
|Out of Hospital Treatment|
|Standard GP Consultation||√
100% of MBS
85% of MBS
85% of MBS
|Pathology and X-rays||√
85% of MBS
|Emergency ambulance services||√|
|Surgically implanted prosthesis||√|
$50 item limit
$300 limit person limit p.a.
|Pre-existing psychiatric||2 months|
|Pre-existing conditions||12 months|
Limited fees apply
24hr in-person safety support
24hr virtual doctor visits
How can I get my Allianz Care membership card?
You can access your e-membership card on the Allianz MyHealth mobile app. The e-membership card is accepted at most medical service providers so you do not need a physical membership card. To use the Allianz MyHealth mobile app you can register online and create an account.
What doesn’t Allianz Care OSHC cover?
Allianz Care OSHC does not cover the following under the insurance policy:
- Physiotherapy and Chiropractic services
- Contact lenses and eye glass prescriptions
Allianz Care does provide an option if you would like to get extra cover for those services that are not covered under the Allianz Care OSHC cover. This policy is OSHC Extras coverage.
How can I make an OSHC claim?
Allianz Care provides two different ways to make an OSHC claim:
- Claim online via the MyHealth online members portal
- Download the MyHealth app to manage all claims via your smart phone