On-hire Labour Agreement

The On-hire Industry Labour Agreement lets you sponsor skilled overseas workers on a temporary basis for certain occupations. You can assign them to work for a third party but you must remain the direct employer. The terms and conditions of the agreement are set and non-negotiable.

As an employer, you must show that you can meet the following requirements.


You can sponsor skilled overseas workers on these visas:

TSMIT in Labour Agreements will be raised to $70,000 pa as of 1 July 2023.

Any concession to the TSMIT that exists in a Labour Agreement will continue at the current proportion ie, if there is a 10% concession on the $53,900 current TSMIT, there will be a 10% concession on the $70,000 level (eg $7000) from 1 July 2023.

The new Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement will not be affected.


You can sponsor skilled overseas workers for an occupation on the list of eligible skilled occupations for the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) program. You may be able to sponsor them for periods up to 4 years.

Occupation Tasks

Your sponsored skilled overseas workers must complete the tasks for the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) position you nominate.

English language

The skilled overseas worker must meet English language requirements of the short-term stream of the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482).

Skills, qualifications and experience

The skilled overseas worker must meet the skills, qualifications and experience requirements of the Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482).


You must employ the skilled overseas worker on a full-time basis. You must also pay them directly, not the third party.

The annual earnings for the skilled overseas worker for a standard 38-hour week must not be less than AUD65,000. It must also not be less than what an Australian doing the same work in your approved workplace would be paid.

Labour market testing

You must show evidence of labour market testing when you make an application for this labour agreement.

You must also give us a signed copy of the contracts between you and:

  • the skilled overseas worker
  • the third party where the skilled overseas worker will be placed

Book a meeting today for a commitment free briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.