Student Visa Checklist

Documentary Evidence List

  • Evidence of your identity. Attach a copy of your passport. Also include a certified copy of your birth certificate, national identity card or driver licence where you have these.
  • a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses if applying outside Australia.
  • Evidence of adequate health insurance. Health insurance must be Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement

Evidence to show that you meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement for a student visa. This must include a statement in your application form that you intend to stay in Australia temporarily and/or documentation to support claims. The statement must be written by the applicant even if using an agent.

You can include evidence such as:

  • Proof of employment – your current or most recent employment which includes payslips or a contract. Up-to-date link to your LinkedIn profile, should include employment and educational history.
  • Qualifications – a certified copy of your academic transcripts, Educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.) or letter/statement from your overseas Education Institution.
  • Australian qualifications – a certified copy of your academic transcripts, Educational Certificate (Degree, Diploma etc.) or letter/statement from your Australian Education Institution.

We will consider your circumstances, your immigration history, if you are a minor and the intentions of a parent, legal guardian or spouse, and any other relevant matter.

Relationship – spouse, de facto partner

Evidence of your relationship with your spouse/de facto partner. This could include a certified copy of your marriage certificate, Family Book, Household Booklet or other evidence of family composition.

Employment history

Evidence of current or most recent employment which might include payslips or a contract.

Your up-to-date link to your LinkedIn profile should include full employment and educational history, including dates and positions held for at least the last five years.

Research Students

If you are undertaking research in Australia, attach a copy of your research (thesis/project) topic.

Funding Proof:

  • You must provide proof of sufficient funding for your study and stay in Australia. The funding should also cover your care taking family member/ members and any school going dependent. Or
  • You must provide proof that either your parents or spouse is willing to support your study and stay in Australia and show that they have an annual income of AUD 60,000, at the minimum. If you are accompanied by a care taking family member the annual income must be minimum AUD 70,000.

Source of Funding Proof:

As you show, you are sufficiently covered, you are also required to provide documents giving details about the source of funding. Such as,

  • Loan certificate or a copy of letter stating loan is granted for specified amount and duration from a financial institution.
  • Evidence of cash deposits in your name for specified period just before the date of your visa application, such as cash deposit receipt or a bank passbook, or bank statement.