Television Presenter – ANZSCO 212114
- Prepares and presents news, sports or other information, conducts interviews, and introduces music, performances and special events on television. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications and experience.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2121 Artistic Directors, and Media Producers and Presenters
- plan, administer and review activities concerned with producing artistic media, determine artistic policies for performing arts organisations, prepare and present news, sports and other information, and conduct interviews and introduce music, performances and special events on radio and television.
- managing artistic and media productions to meet quality, cost and timing specifications
- formulating and developing organisations’ artistic policies and selecting and planning organisations’ artistic programs
- hiring and managing artistic staff
- controlling the use of media production facilities such as studios and editing equipment, stage and film equipment and rehearsal time
- directing the formulation of media production strategies, policies and plans
- introducing programs, music, entertainment items, guests and celebrities
- preparing and reading news bulletins, making special announcements and providing commentary for sports and other events
- presenting opinions on sports, politics, and social and economic matters
- researching, investigating and compiling stories and programs
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Artistic Directors and Media Producers (excluding Video) require relevant experience in addition to the formal qualification. Radio and Television Presenters require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications and experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 212111 Artistic Director
- 212112 Media Producer (excluding Video)
- 212113 Radio Presenter
- 212114 Television Presenter