Migration Agent (Aus) / Immigration Consultant (NZ) – ANZSCO 224913
- Migration Agents/Immigration Consultant provide information and advice to potential migrants, prepares and lodges visa applications, and acts as an intermediary to legally represent clients during visa processing and before review bodies. Liaises with Legal Professionals in relation to judicial review matters. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Migration Consultant
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Migration Agent/Immigration Consultant is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- If your employment experience is considered highly relevant by VETASSESS, other fields of study may be considered in the skills assessment if the study relates to the applicant’s consulting area
- According to VETASSESS, your pre-qualification experience may be considered in the skills assessment if it meets the following requirements:
- 5 years of relevant pre-qualification employment; and
- 1 year of highly relevant employment within the past five years
Potential Visa Pathways for Migration Agent/Immigration Consultant
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|224913||Migration Agent/Immigration Consultant||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 2249 Other Information and Organisation Professionals
- This unit group covers Information and Organisation Professionals not elsewhere classified.
It includes Electorate Officers, Liaison Officers, Migration Agents (Aus) / Immigration Consultants (NZ) and Patents Examiners.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 224911 Electorate Officer
- 224912 Liaison Officer
- 224913 Migration Agent (Aus) / Immigration Consultant (NZ)
- 224914 Patents Examiner
- 224999 Information and Organisation Professionals nec
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.