Permanent residence pathway for sc482 visa holders with an occupation on the Regional Occupation List (ROL)
From 1 July 2022 changes commenced to improve access to permanent residence for skilled migrant workers who chose to stay in Australia during the pandemic.
Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) subclass 482 visa holders who have been in Australia for at least one year between 1 February 2020 and 14 December 2021 are able to apply for permanent residence through the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) subclass 186 visa.
Applicants must also meet all other nomination and visa requirements for the TRT stream of the ENS visa.
In addition to Short-term stream TSS visa holders, the Government is advising that this pathway is also available to Medium-term stream TSS visa holders with an occupation on the Regional Occupation List.
This pathway is currently available for two years from 1 July 2022 and is adding to the previously announced changes relating to Permanent Residency pathways for TSS Visa holders with occupations on the STSOL list.
- Subclass 482 (ROL) visa holders must have worked full-time in their nominated occupation for their employer for at least three of last four years as the holder of this visa
- The employer must be eligible to sponsor them again for a permanent position
186 Temporary Residence Transition Stream Age Limit Exemptions
- Academic applicants
- Regional medical practitioner applicants
- Science applicants
- Subclass 457/482 workers who meet the Fair Work High Income Threshold for 3 years
- Subclass 457/482 coronavirus concession workers (STSOL)
- Transition 457 workers under 50
- Legacy 457 workers (from 1 July 2022)
- PR for sc482 visa holders with an occupation on the Regional Occupation List (ROL)
Please note: The Department has confirmed that this pathway is currently available for sc 482 visa holders with occupations on the ROL.
The Department has advised that this pathway is available now and there are no legislative changes required to give effect to this.
In regards to the pathway being available for 2 years from 1 July 2022 the Department has stated that as LIN 22/038 is not end-dated before 1 July 2024, it would be a decision for Government to close the pathway on 1 July 2024 or continue it.
Study in Australia as a Minor and Student Visa
Visa to attend the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 in Australia and New Zealand
Top in demand jobs in Australia for immigrants
List of occupations and qualifications eligible for post-study work rights extension