Traditional Maori Health Practitioner – ANZSCO 252215
- Diagnoses, assesses and treats patients in accordance with Tikanga Maori (Maori culture and custom) and with the participation of whanau (family).
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Potential Visa Pathways for Traditional Maori Health Practitioner
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)||187 (Regional Sponsored)|
|252215||Traditional Maori Health Practitioner||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√
*Note The 187 Visa is closed to new applications and has been replaced by the Subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored (Regional)
Group: 2522 Complementary Health Therapists
- Treat patients with physical, mental, spiritual and emotional needs by considering the whole person rather than focusing on specific symptoms and by using various therapies, techniques and practices.
- Assessing patients to determine the nature of the disorder, illness, problem or need by questioning, examining and observing
- Developing and implementing treatment plans using applications such as acupuncture, homoeopathic and herbal medicine, and dance, drama, hypnotic and music therapies
- Evaluating and documenting patients’ progress through treatment plans
- Providing dietary and lifestyle advice and guidelines
- Prescribing natural medicines, such as herbal, mineral and animal extracts, to stimulate the body’s capacity for self-healing
- Skill Level
- Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 252211 Acupuncturist
- 252212 Homoeopath
- 252213 Naturopath
- 252214 Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
- 252215 Traditional Maori Health Practitioner
- 252299 Complementary Health Therapists nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.