Singer – ANZSCO 211214
- Singer entertains by singing songs. This occupation requires high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Band Singer
- Commercial Singer (Advertising)
- Jazz Singer
- Opera Singer
- Pop Singer
- Rock Singer
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Singer is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
Potential Visa Pathways for Singer
|485 (Graduate Work)
|494 (regional Sponsored)
|482 (TSS Medium Term)
Group: 2112 Music Professionals
- Write, arrange, orchestrate, conduct and perform musical compositions.
- Creating melodic, harmonic and rhythmic structures to express ideas and emotions in musical form
- Translating ideas and concepts into standard musical signs and symbols for reproduction and performance
- Undertaking research and liaising with clients when composing musical backing for television commercials, popular recordings, and radio, television and film productions
- Auditioning and selecting musicians and Singers
- Selecting music for performances and assigning instrumental parts to musicians
- Directing musical groups at rehearsals and performances to achieve desired effects such as tonal and harmonic balance, rhythm and tempo
- Studying and rehearsing repertoire and musical scores prior to performances
- Playing music in recital, as an accompanist, or as a member of an orchestra, band or other musical group, from score and by memory
- Performing music and songs according to interpretation, direction and style of presentation, using highly developed aural skills to reproduce music
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. Some occupations in this unit group require high levels of creative talent or personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 211211 Composer
- 211212 Music Director
- 211213 Musician (Instrumental)
- 211214 Singer
- 211299 Music Professionals nec
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.