Picture Framer – ANZSCO 394212
- Picture Framers cut out and assembles mouldings to make picture frames, and frames paintings, photographs, needlework and other artwork.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Picture Framer is Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have successfully completed an AQF Qualification either a Certificate III in Picture Framing or formal training that is comparable
- Must possess skills that are current to Australian industry standards demonstrated by 12 months full time employment or equivalent part-time in the occupation in the previous three years
- If you have obtained a qualification internationally or an Australian qualification that was not through the Australian Recognition of Learning process, you are required to demonstrate 3 years full time or equivalent post-qualification experience
- If you have obtained an Australian qualification issued through the Australian Recognition of Learning process, you are required to demonstrate 3 years full-time or equivalent post-qualification experience OR 6 years full-time or equivalent experience which can be either pre- or post-qualification
Potential Visa Pathway for Picture Framer
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 3942 Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers
- Set up and operate woodworking machines and wood turning lathes to shape wood stock, finish and polish furniture, and make picture frames and frame paintings, photographs and other artwork.
- Studying drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- Determining tooling and machine requirements and sequence of operations
- Setting up woodworking machines and wood stock for correct cutting, planning, turning, shaping and sanding
- Operating machines to cut, plane, turn, shape and sand work pieces
- Removing old finishes by stripping with steel wool and glasspaper, and by applying solvents and paint strippers, and removing softened finishes by scraping
- Applying varnish, shellac, lacquer, stains and paint to surfaces and polishing and waxing finished surfaces
- Fitting and fastening frame pieces
- Mounting backing materials and subjects for framing
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 394211 Furniture Finisher
- 394212 Picture Framer
- 394213 Wood Machinist
- 394214 Wood Turner
- 394299 Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.