Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant) – ANZSCO 411512
- Assists with health care delivery to patients and clients in accordance with Tikanga Maori (Maori culture and custom).
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
- Skills AssessmentAuthority
Group: 4115 Indigenous Health Workers
- assist with the coordination and provision of health care delivery to Indigenous communities.
- maintaining health records and statistics
- acting as an advocate in the community they serve, and as a communicator and interpreter on behalf of clients and other health workers
- providing clinical functions, such as case management and follow-up, independently or in consultation with other health care providers
- providing health education to individual clients and staff in health facilities
- providing cultural education to persons outside the cultural community and life skills education to the community they serve
- providing counselling and referring clients to other health care providers where necessary
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411511 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker
- 411512 Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant)