Importer or Exporter – ANZSCO 133311
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of an importing or exporting establishment.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Importer or Exporter is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- International Business
- International Trade
Potential Visa Pathways for Importer or Exporter
ANZSCO Occupation Skills Assessment 189 190 485 (Graduate Work) 491 (State) 491 (Family) 186 (Direct) 407 (Training) 494 (regional Sponsored) 482 (TSS Medium Term) 133311 Importer or Exporter VETASSESS x x x x x x x √ x
Group: 1333 Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
- Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
- Identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- Developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- Determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- Liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- Researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- Monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- Appointing agents and distributors
- Arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- Overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- Implementing after-sales service procedures
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 133311 Importer or Exporter
- 133312 Wholesaler
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.