Hair or Beauty Salon Manager – ANZSCO 142114
- Organises and controls the operations of a hairdressing or beauty salon. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Hair or Beauty Salon Manager is Vocational Education and Training Assess (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH an additional qualification at AQF Certificate IV in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Salon Management
- Retail Management
Potential Visa Pathways for Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|142114||Hair or Beauty Salon Manager||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 1421 Retail Managers
- Organise and control the operations of establishments which provide retail services.
- Determining product mix, stock levels and service standards
- Formulating and implementing purchasing and marketing policies, and setting prices
- Promoting and advertising the establishment’s goods and services
- Selling goods and services to customers and advising them on product use
- Maintaining records of stock levels and financial transactions
- Undertaking budgeting for the establishment
- Controlling selection, training and supervision of staff
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 142111 Retail Manager (General)
- 142112 Antique Dealer
- 142113 Betting Agency Manager
- 142114 Hair or Beauty Salon Manager
- 142115 Post Office Manager
- 142116 Travel Agency Manager
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.