Fleet Manager – ANZSCO 149411
- Organises and controls the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinates the leasing of vehicles. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Fleet Manager is Vocational Education and Training Assess (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma level WITH an additional qualification at AQF Certificate IV in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Diploma WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the past five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Fleet Control
- Transport Management
- Shipping and Logistics
- Freight Management
- Business Management
Potential Visa Pathways for Fleet Manager
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 1494 Transport Services Managers
- Organise and control the buying and selling of vehicles for rental agencies and coordinate the leasing of vehicles, the operations of railway stations, and the operations of enterprises that operate fleets of vehicles to transport goods and passengers.
- Organising the purchase and maintenance of transport vehicles, equipment and fuel
- Liaising with clients to determine requirements and providing customers with advice and information regarding vehicle type, purchase or hire rates and obligations and handling complaints
- Receiving orders and bookings, and planning and implementing transportation schedules
- Ensuring goods are stored and transported in conditions that will maintain their quality
- Arranging collection and delivery of vehicles and goods
- Maintaining business records and preparing operational statements and reports
- Coordinating activities associated with the arrival, departure, loading and unloading of trains
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 149411 Fleet Manager
- 149412 Railway Station Manager
- 149413 Transport Company Manager
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.