Drama Teacher (Private Tuition) – ANZSCO 249213
- Drama Teacher (Private Tuition) teaches students in the practice, theory and performance of drama in private training establishments.
- Skill Level
- Elocution Teacher
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Drama Teacher (Private Tuition) is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Drama Education
- Dramatic Arts
- Performing Arts
Potential Visa Pathway for Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
|249213||Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)||VETASSESS||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||√||x|
Group: 2492 Private Tutors and Teachers
- Teach students in the practice, theory and performance of subjects, such as art, dance, drama and music, in private training establishments.
- Planning programs of study for individual students and groups
- Preparing and presenting material on the theory of the subject area
- Instructing and demonstrating practical aspects of the subject area
- Assigning problems and exercises relative to students’ training needs and talents
- Assessing students and offering advice, criticism and encouragement
- Revising curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction
- Preparing students for examinations, performance and assessments
- Keeping abreast of developments in the subject area by attending professional conferences, seminars and courses, reading current literature, and talking with colleagues
- May arrange visits and tours to professional exhibitions and performances
- May organise for exhibitions or performances of students’ work
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 249211 Art Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249212 Dance Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249213 Drama Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249214 Music Teacher (Private Tuition)
- 249299 Private Tutors and Teachers nec
Subclass 494 visa – Skilled Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.
At least 3 years full-time work experience in the nominated occupation.
Must have at least Competent English, i.e., IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
Must be sponsored by an Australian regional employer.
Must have a positive skills assessment.
Must live and work in regional areas in Australia.
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.