Aged care industry
The Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement lets you sponsor overseas direct care workers for a period of up to 4 years or for permanent residence. The terms and conditions of the agreement are non-negotiable.
You can access the Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement once you have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with relevant industry union(s).
TSMIT in Labour Agreements will be raised to $70,000 pa as of 1 July 2023.
Any concession to the TSMIT that exists in a Labour Agreement will continue at the current proportion ie, if there is a 10% concession on the $53,900 current TSMIT, there will be a 10% concession on the $70,000 level (eg $7000) from 1 July 2023.
The new Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement will not be affected.
To access an Aged Care Industry Labour Agreement, you must first enter into an MoU with a relevant industry union(s) – the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation, the Health Services Union or the United Workers Union.
For more information about entering into an MoU, please contact your relevant industry union.
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- Health Services Union
- United Workers Union
You can sponsor overseas workers on the following visas:
You can nominate overseas direct care workers in the following Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) positions:
- Nursing Support Worker (ANZSCO 423312)
- Personal Care Assistant (ANZSCO 423313)
- Aged or Disabled Carer (ANZSCO 423111)
Overseas workers must meet the following English language requirements:
Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- For overseas workers employed by standard aged care providers: IELTS 5.0 (or equivalent) with minimum component scores of 5.0 for speaking and listening and 4.5 for reading and writing.
- For overseas workers employed by culturally and linguistically diverse aged care providers: IELTS 4.5 (or equivalent) with no component minimum, provided the overseas worker is fluent in the target community language.
Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) with no component minimum.