Wholesaler – ANZSCO 133312
- Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the operations of a wholesale trading establishment.Skill Level1Occupation Lists
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Wholesaler is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
- Highly relevant fields of study include:
- Business Administration
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Potential Visa Pathways for Wholesaler
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 1333 Importers, Exporters and Wholesalers
- Plan, organise, direct, control and coordinate the operations of importing, exporting and wholesaling establishments.
- Identifying local and overseas business opportunities
- Developing and implementing business plans, and marketing, operating, human resource, pricing and credit policies and procedures
- Determining the mix of products and services to be provided and negotiating conditions of trade
- Liaising with local and overseas suppliers and distributors about orders and products
- Researching regulatory and statutory requirements affecting the importing, exporting, wholesaling and distribution of goods
- Monitoring business performance and preparing estimates, financial statements and reports of operations
- Appointing agents and distributors
- Arranging the shipping of goods into and out of the country
- Overseeing the display and sale of merchandise and preparation of product information for customer service staff and customers
- Implementing after-sales service procedures
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 133311 Importer or Exporter
- 133312 Wholesaler
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.