Kaiako Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium Primary School Teacher) – ANZSCO 241211
- Teaches and coordinates curriculum activities in the Maori language for children at primary school level.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 489 (S/T) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
See if caveats apply to this occupation for an Australian visa here.
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 2412 Primary School Teachers
- teach a range of subjects within a prescribed curriculum to primary school students and promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- teaching literacy, numeracy, social science, creative expression and physical education skills to primary school students
- presenting prescribed curriculum using a range of teaching techniques and materials
- developing students’ interests, abilities and coordination by way of creative activities
- guiding discussions and supervising work in class
- preparing, administering and marking tests, projects and assignments to evaluate students’ progress and recording the results
- discussing individual progress and problems with students and parents, and seeking advice from Student Counsellors and senior teachers
- maintaining discipline in classrooms and other school areas
- participating in staff meetings, educational conferences and workshops
- liaising with parent, community and business groups
- maintaining class and scholastic records
- performing extra-curricular tasks such as assisting with sport, school concerts, excursions and special interest programs
- supervising student teachers on placement
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 241211 Kaiako Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium Primary School Teacher)
- 241212 Pouako Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium Primary School Senior Teacher)
- 241213 Primary School Teacher
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.