Irrigation Technician – ANZSCO 362712
- Irrigation Technicians install, maintain and service irrigation systems for agriculture, sports turf and horticulture.
- Skill Level
Potential Visa Pathways for Landscape Gardener
Important: This occupation was released on 21 November 2021. The Department of Home Affairs is yet to announce the eligible visa pathways for this occupation. This page will be updated once more information is released.
Group: 3627 Landscape Gardener
- Landscape Gardeners and Irrigation Technicians plan and construct garden landscapes and install irrigation systems.
- Preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants, and scheduling landscape construction
- Setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- Constructing gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, trellises, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture
- Preparing seedbeds and growing sites
- Planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- Preparing lawn areas by spreading topsoil and planting grass, and by laying instant turf
- Determining irrigation system hydraulic parameters
- Installing irrigation systems including pumps and meters
- Testing, maintaining, and repairing irrigation systems
- Skill Level
- In Australia:
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Occupations in this Group:
- 362711 Landscape Gardener
- 362712 Irrigation Technician