Intelligence Officer – ANZSCO 224411
- Intelligence Officer collects and analyses information and data to produce intelligence for an organisation to support planning, operations and human resource functions.
- Skill Level
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Defence Intelligence Analyst
Group: 2244 Intelligence and Policy Analysts
- Collect and analyse information and data to produce intelligence and to develop and analyse policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government and commercial operations and programs.
- Determining organisational and client intelligence requirements
- Organising, collecting, collating and analysing data, and developing intelligence information such as electronic surveillance
- Compiling and disseminating intelligence information using briefings, maps, charts, reports and other methods
- Ascertaining the accuracy of data collected and reliability of sources
- Conducting threat and risk assessments and developing responses
- Liaising and consulting with program administrators and other interested parties to identify policy needs
- Reviewing existing policies and legislation to identify anomalies and out-of-date provisions
- Researching social, economic and industrial trends, and client expectations of programs and services provided
- Formulating and analysing policy options, preparing briefing papers and recommendations for policy changes, and advising on preferred options
- Assessing impacts, financial implications, interactions with other programs and political and administrative feasibility of policies
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 224411 Intelligence Officer
- 224412 Policy Analyst
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.