Family Day Care Worker – ANZSCO 421112
- Provides care and supervision for babies and children, usually in the carer’s own home and under local government or community-based schemes. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Family Day Carer
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 489 (State Nominated) Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
To see if caveats apply to this occupation click here
Skills Assessment Authority
Group: 4211 Child Carers
- provide care and supervision for children in residential homes and non-residential childcare centres.
- assisting in the preparation of materials and equipment for children’s education and recreational activities
- managing children’s behaviour and guiding children’s social development
- preparing and conducting activities for children
- entertaining children by reading and playing games
- supervising children in recreational activities
- supervising the daily routine of children
- supervising the hygiene of children
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate II or III (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 2 or 3 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 421111 Child Care Worker
- 421112 Family Day Care Worker
- 421113 Nanny
- 421114 Out of School Hours Care Worker
Book a consultation with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find out more about your visa options and your path to Australian permanent residency or applying for citizenship.