Electorate Officer – ANZSCO 224911
- Electorate Officer manages the electorate office of a politician, and liaises with constituents and the media on their behalf.
- Skill Level
Skills Assessment Requirement
Unless you are exempt in very limited circumstances, you are required to have a positive Skills Assessment to apply for the visas listed above.
Skills Assessment authority for Electorate Officer is Vocational & Education Training Assessment (VETASSESS). To have a positive skills assessment, you must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher in a highly relevant field of study AND at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITH an additional qualification at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field of study AND at least two years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years; OR
- Qualification assessed at AQF Bachelor degree or higher WITHOUT a highly relevant field of study AND at least three years of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years
- Applicants must meet both the qualification and employment requirements to obtain a positive skills assessment
Potential Visa Pathway for Electorate Officer
|ANZSCO||Occupation||Skills Assessment||189||190||485 (Graduate Work)||491 (State)||491 (Family)||186 (Direct)||407 (Training)||494 (regional Sponsored)||482 (TSS Medium Term)|
Group: 2249 Other Information and Organisation Professionals
- This unit group covers Information and Organisation Professionals not elsewhere classified.
It includes Electorate Officers, Liaison Officers, Migration Agents (Aus) / Immigration Consultants (NZ) and Patents Examiners.
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 224911 Electorate Officer
- 224912 Liaison Officer
- 224913 Migration Agent (Aus) / Immigration Consultant (NZ)
- 224914 Patents Examiner
- 224999 Information and Organisation Professionals nec
You can apply for subclass 494 if you have a regional employer who is willing to sponsor you. To be eligible for this visa, you must have at least 3 years of working experience in your nominated occupation and have a relevant skills assessment. With this visa, there is a requirement that you must work for the employer who is sponsoring you.
This visa provides pathway to permanent residency through the 191 visa.