Skilled Visa application processing times
|Visa Type||Stream (if available)||75% of applications processed in||90% of applications processed in|
|189 Skilled – Independent||Points-tested||24 months||35 months|
|189 Skilled – Independent||New Zealand||18 months||24 months|
|190 Skilled – Nominated||9 months||19 months|
|476 Skilled – Recognised Graduate||35 months||35 months|
|485 Temporary Graduate||Graduate Work||11 months||17 months|
|485 Temporary Graduate||Post-Study Work||11 months||12 months|
|491 Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa||State/Territory Government Nominated Regional||9 months||18 months|
|491 Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa||Family Sponsored Regional||7 months||14 months|
|858 Distinguished Talent||Global Talent Pathway||80 days||5 months|
|858 Distinguished Talent||Distinguished Talent||23 months||24 months|
|887 Skilled – Regional||21 months||22 months|
Visa processing times were significantly delayed due to the impacts of COVID-19 and international border restrictions and closures. As a result of Australia’s border reopening to all fully vaccinated travellers from 21 February 2022, the visa processing times are now slowly reducing as processing has resumed.
Circumstances that affect processing times
Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- for permanent migration visa applications, how many places are available in the migration programme
- for citizenship applications, the time taken to attend a Citizenship Ceremony or receive a Citizenship Certificate.
Book a meeting today for a commitment free briefing with our Registered Migration Agents in Melbourne to find more about your visa options.