Bupa Visa Medical
Bupa Medical Visa Services
Bupa operates medical centres around Australia on behalf of the Department of Immigration and Border protection (DIBP) to provide immigration health examinations to Australian visa applicants.
The easiest way to book an immigration health examination is through our online booking system.
Book a Health Examination
Make an appointment for yourself and/or your family using your HAP ID. If you don’t have a HAP ID, visit the Department’s website.
Take relevant documents
Take relevant documents including passport, HAP ID, referral letter and credit/ATM card to your appointment.
Where to get your HAP ID
You need a HAP ID from the Department of Home Affairs. This applies to both clients who have already lodged a visa application and clients who are choosing to complete health examinations upfront. Information on where to find a HAP ID is available on the DIBP website.
What do I need to take on the day?
For your appointment you must take:
- Current valid passport or a passport which has expired within two (2) years of the health examination date, unless exempted by the DIBP. Drivers licences are not accepted.
- HAP ID
You should also take:
- an eMedical referral letter, a Health Examinations list or other equivalent documentation provided to you by the department
- prescription glasses or contact lenses
- any specialist’s report/s about your medical condition
- if you have previously been investigated or treated for TB, please bring prior records relating to this treatment such as specialist reports of x-rays
Don’t take valuables and jewelry to the examination.