The Investor visa allows successful investors to reside in Australia on a permanent basis. To qualify for this visa, you must hold a provisional Investor visa, and have maintained a designated investment in Australia for at least four years. The minimum requirements for this visa are set out below:
INVESTOR VISA REQUIREMENTS
As the visa applicant, you must:
· hold a provisional Investor visa (subclass 162)
· have been in Australia as the holder of that visa for a total of at least two years during the last four years
· You (and your spouse/de facto partner, if applicable) must have continuously held a designated investment of at least A$1.5 million in Australia for at least four years
· You (and your spouse/de facto partner, if applicable) have never been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities
· You are committed to maintaining investment activity or a business in Australia
Once you have provided the required information and supporting documents, we will notify the business development agency in the State or Territory in which your investment is located of your intention to continue your investment activity. We will then prepare and lodge your visa application with the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA).
The main criterion is that you meet the requirements referred to above, which will involve providing evidence of your designated investment. In addition, you must meet the standard health and character checks.
Should your visa application be approved, you will be granted a permanent visa. You must be in Australia both when your application is lodged and when your visa is granted.
PLEASE NOTE: We estimate that it may take several weeks to prepare and lodge your application, with the time taken largely dependent on how promptly you (and your sponsor, if applicable) provide us with the necessary supporting information and documents.
The time that it takes the DOHA to process your application is dependent upon its processing time service standards, and may also vary due to a number of other factors, including the complexity of your case, perceived risk factors and processing priorities. Please contact us for current information regarding likely processing timeframes for this type of application.
- 890 Business Owner Visa
- 891 Investor Visa
- 892 State or Territory Sponsored Business Owner
- 893 State or Territory Sponsored Investor Visa
188 Visa eligibility streams:
Note that business migration can be extremely complex, and even determining whether you have a good chance of qualifying can be difficult. In addition, you may be able to qualify in a number of different business migration categories.