Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker – ANZSCO 411511
- Liaises with patients, clients, visitors to hospitals and other medical facilities and staff at health clinics, and works as a team member to arrange, coordinate and provide health care delivery in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community health clinics. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
This occupation is on the following skills lists:
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation is not on the following skills lists:
- 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored 489 Occupations List
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored
- 489 State Nominated Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Group: 4115 Indigenous Health Workers
- assist with the coordination and provision of health care delivery to Indigenous communities.
- maintaining health records and statistics
- acting as an advocate in the community they serve, and as a communicator and interpreter on behalf of clients and other health workers
- providing clinical functions, such as case management and follow-up, independently or in consultation with other health care providers
- providing health education to individual clients and staff in health facilities
- providing cultural education to persons outside the cultural community and life skills education to the community they serve
- providing counselling and referring clients to other health care providers where necessary
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411511 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker
- 411512 Kaiawhina (Hauora) (Maori Health Assistant)