Address Change? How To Notify Immigration

How can I update my address or passport details?

You must notify DHA of a change in address if you have an undecided application for a visa with the department and you intend to change your residential address for 14 days or more.

You should advise DHA of a change of address while you hold a visa to assist them to contact you if required.

You must advise DHA of a change of passport details if you currently hold a visa, as your visa is associated with your passport.

It is important you notify DHA of any changes to your address or passport details as soon as possible. If you are notifying DHA of a new name on your passport, you should provide official evidence of the name change, for example certified copies of the name change certificate or marriage certificate. It is recommended you also provide a certified copy of the Bio-data page of both the previous passport and your new passport or an endorsement in the current passport with the new name as the principal name. This will ensure that DHA can process the change as soon as possible.

If you need to make any changes to your address or passport details you can notify DHA by one of the following methods:

  • Online through your ImmiAccount (for some applications only).
  • Complete and submit Form 929 Change of address and/or passport details (251KB PDF).
  • Advise DHA in writing of your new address, making sure you include the following details:
    • your full name as set out in the application
    • your date of birth
    • if the application was made outside Australia, the name of the office where you lodged the application and
    • one of the following:
      • your client number
      • the immigration file number for your current application
      • the number of the receipt we issued when the application was made.

Return the completed Form 929 or the written notice by post to a departmental office. You can check which office you need to send it to through the below link: