Minister of Religion – ANZSCO 272211
- Minister of Religion performs spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of a religious faith, and provides motivation, guidance, and training in religious life for the people of a congregation or parish, and the wider community. This occupation requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
- Skill Level
- Aboriginal Ceremonial Celebrant (Aus)
- Salvation Army Officer
This occupation is only eligible for Visa 407 – Training vis. This visa type does not require a Skills Assessment therefore no criteria have been provided.
Potential Visa Pathways for Minister of Religion
ANZSCO Occupation Skills Assessment 189 190 485 491 (State) 491 (Family) 186 (Direct) 407 (Training) 494 (regional Sponsored) 482 (TSS Short
272211 Minister of Religion Not Applicable x x x x x x √ x x
Group: 2722 Ministers of Religion
- Perform spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faiths, and provide motivation, guidance and training in religious life for the people of congregations and parishes, and the wider community.
- Preparing and conducting services of public worship and acknowledgments of faith
- Preparing and delivering sermons, homilies and special talks, and planning music for services
- Participating in the social and welfare activities of communities, encouraging people to be aware of their responsibilities, and organising participation in community projects
- Conducting classes of religious instruction, and supervising prayer and discussion groups, retreats and seminars
- Conducting premarital and family counselling and referring people to professional service agencies where necessary
- Performing marriages, funerals and special memorial services according to tradition and ecclesiastical and civil law
- Visiting members of the community in their homes, hospitals and other institutions to provide advice and religious comfort
- Keeping records as required by the church and civil law
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. The occupation in this unit group requires high levels of personal commitment and interest as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 272211 Minister of Religion
How to calculate your points (skilled visas)
To apply for a skilled visa, you need to know how many points you can score. The minimum score to be eligible for application is 65 points. However, depending on your occupation, the competitiveness, and the states you are applying to, you might need to score more points to get an invite.
Points will be given to you based on the following:
- Educational Qualifications
- Points for Professional Year
- Points for NAATI- Credentialled Community Language
- Points for 2 Year Study
- Points for English
- Points for Regional Study
- Points for Work Experience
- Points for Specialist Educational Qualifications (STEM)
- Points for Partner
Click here to calculate your points.
The 407 visa a short stay visa for individuals to participate in occupational training or professional development in Australia. This visa is generally valid to stay in Australia for 2 years. Please note this visa is subject to condition 8102 which forbids work apart from the training that is specified in the visa application. You are also required to maintain health insurance whilst in Australia.
To be eligible for visa 407, you need to meet the following criteria: